When it comes to eye care, BONEHAM|PETERS Optometrist has been the trusted name since 1984. Now, they’re bringing their passion for perfect vision and stylish frames to Mosman with the opening of a second store on Avenue Road.
Boneham Peters’ highly skilled team is led by husband-and-wife duo, Michael Feng and Sarah Boneham. Being short-sighted himself, Michael sees the benefit of Ortho-K (overnight contact lenses) first-hand and is passionate about myopia control and the benefits of contact lenses. He loves to have a chat and finds it incredibly rewarding to help patients achieve crystal-clear vision and manage any eye health issues.
Sarah, also a passionate full-scope optometrist, is dedicated to patient care and providing the best solutions for her patients’ needs. Optometry runs in her DNA and growing up, she was lucky to witness her father, Gavin’s dedication to preserving and improving the vision of his long-term patients. Now, she’s following in his footsteps and helping to keep the optometry industry independently owned.
Boneham Peters’ tight-knit family team also includes:
- Emma Boneham, a qualified optical dispenser with seven years of industry experience, whose love for funky glasses and dedication to helping patients find the perfect pair is unparalleled
- Gavin Boneham (PhD and President of OSO) is an optometrist with 40 years of experience, renowned for his work with complex contact lens fittings and Ortho-K
- Michael Peters, a dual-trained optical dispenser and optical mechanic with a staggering 35 years of experience
The team’s vision for Boneham Peters Optometrist is clear – to provide the highest level of care and the most diverse eyewear collection to the Mosman community.
“We are proud to have patients who have been coming since our inception and we remain passionate about taking care of our patients’ sight and style,” Feng says.
“Our optometrists are actively involved in graduate and postgraduate education of their colleagues both nationally and internationally, so are up to date with the latest research,” he continues.
For example, Michael Peters recently returned from Silmo, Europe’s largest optical trade fair in Paris, where he sourced new collections and stayed at the forefront of eyewear fashion. Gavin also presented at the annual Orthokeratology Society of Oceania.
“We are aiming to bring back the extensive collections of eyewear to Mosman such as Theo, Thierry Lasry, Anne et Valentin, Lindberg and more,” Feng explains. “We will continue to evolve our collections with time to suit our community’s tastes.”
Besides helping patients pick the perfect frame, Boneham Peters Optometrist offers:
- Full-scope eye tests (including OCT imaging, corneal topography, screening for glaucoma, macula degeneration, diabetes, keratoconus and scleral lenses)
- Contact lens fitting
- Sports prescription eyewear (for swimming goggles, snow goggles, sports protective eyewear and snorkelling goggles)
- Prescription cycling eyewear
- Lens fitting using their own on-site edging and tracing lab (at their Wynyard location)
Boneham Peters Optometrists are so grateful for the warm welcome and genuine support that they have received from the Mosman community since opening and look forward to nurturing these connections for generations to come.
“We have always felt our patients as an extension of the family as they have been seeing us for decades along with their children and grandchildren, watching them go through important milestones,” Feng says.
Boneham Peters Optometrist is throwing an official launch party on Saturday, October 21st, to celebrate the opening of their Mosman store. The event promises to be a feast for the eyes, featuring the latest frames and sunglasses from Anne et Valentin and Blake Kuwahara, accompanied by champagne and food. There will also be a giveaway on the day, follow @bonehampetersmosman on Instagram for more details.
Where: Shop 3/124 Avenue Rd, Mosman NSW 2088
Opening Hours: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm, Sat 10am-5pm