North Sydney residents on the lookout for a fun but purpose-driven outdoor activity can join the upcoming ‘Kayak and Clean Up’ event.
If you love an amazing local event, here is the perfect opportunity for environmental enthusiasts to rally up and help make a difference, all thanks to North Sydney Council’s latest initiative.
The ‘Kayak and Clean Up‘ (FREE!) event is scheduled to take place on Sunday, 7 March between 9am to 11:30am.
Participants will gather with a group of people and their guides at Lavendar Bay before heading off to a safe distance from the shore, all the while paddling your kayak and scooping litter. It’s a great chance to appreciate our stunning harbour views, enjoy the water and get rid of any nasty gremlins that cross your path – a result of weather conditions among other factors.
What should I bring with me?
- Comfortable paddling attire, such as activewear or rashie/board shorts.
- Shoes that you don’t mind getting sandy and possibly wet from paddle splash
- Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Phone/camera (although the guides will take plenty of candid photos along the way, too)
- Drinking water
Excited to join in on the fun? Keen to do your part to keep our waters clean? If the answer is yes then hurry up and book your spot here. Registrations begin on 21 February.
However, it’s important to note:
- This event is for North Sydney residents only
- You must be a competent swimmer to participate
- It’s not suitable for children under 10 years of age
In case you can’t make it, rest assured you will have ample opportunity to make a difference as this is only one event that falls under the North Sydney Council’s ‘HarbourCare‘ project. For many years the Council’s been working with local community groups and volunteers concerned about pollution in Sydney Harbour and its effect on marine and birdlife. You can find out about their volunteering opportunities here.
Address: Lavendar Bay, Kirribilli, New South Wales 2061
Phone: 02 9936 8398